UPVC Door (Insurance Compliance)
1. Your door lock should have a British Standard Kite Mark on the front of the lock. There is an example in the left picture.
2. The lock should fit flush against the door handles. If the lock protrudes more than 30mm then it can be snapped and access gained to your property in under 10 secs.
3. Your UPVC door should have a multi locking system, for example when you lift the handle a number hooks, bolts or rollers will move and engage with the keeps on the door frame.
If you are unsure, then please feel free to contact me either by phone 07789997214 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org for a free Insurance Compliance Check.
Wooden Door (Insurance Compliance)
- Your insurance company may require you to have two locks both with the British Kite Mark dated 2007. The two locks are featured in the photograph to the right:
- British Standard 5 Lever Mortice Lock (Left lock in the photo).
- British Stand Nightlatch (Right Lock in the photo.
- If you are unsure then please feel free to get in contact and I will either happily discuss your circumstance by phone 07789997214 or by email email@example.com, or you can take my offer of a free Insurance Compliance check.